Anonymous query!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anonymous query!!

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Dear Sir,

I m BK and i m doing my internship from sgrd amritsar,i m from 2004 batch. and i m planning to give national board exam.i m a permanent resident of canada and have a 10 year multiple visa for USA .i plan to give exam in 2010 but everyone tells me to give the exam befor that coz they say there will be change of rules and regulationsin 2010 and the universities and they will lock the score for 2 years and u will not be able to give the exam. my internship is going to get over in another 3 months and then i m going back to canada i have not started preparing for nbde as yet ppl advise me to give the exam before december.please advise me wat to do? And do let me know the changes in 2010. rite now i m preparing for my tofel test which i m giving in may .i havent got any ece evaluation either.kindly help me out .i shall be thankful

yours sincerely
BK

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile http://www.medabroad.info

Back to top Go down

Hello BK

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Hello BK,

Nice to see you around.

Now your friends are right in a way that you should give and apply to all schools in 2009 itself. (This is the safest bet only if you get more than 88 else this might be a worst choice)
Now there are two things,

* You are a permanent resident of Canada,::::::::: This is a good sign and should take full advantage of that. You guys are invited and accepted a lil more easily but scores are important too.
* Time you might require to prepare for NBDE part1 etc;;;depends a lot on you.

I ll say that you are just not prepared for your exam at all. am i right in assuming that?
Especially if you are a PR den according to me you should apply to all the schools. If you apply in December , den you will be actually late for many colleges. No California colleges for sure, as they get over in sept.
So, u will be left with 3 colleges to apply and thats it.
Now its your choice, you want DDS only or you want some particular school as in California etc?

i will say if you are ok with any school, den you can and should give your exam by november end max. for you have to apply to 3 schools asap.
Can you manage to do that should be the question you should ask and will you get 88 at least is the bottom line.

Now, the situation can be broken in three ways, as i would recommend.

Give exam by july mid!! :::not a possible option as i see coz of your internship still pending (This is the safest bet only if you get more than 88 else this might be a worst choice)
OR
Give your exam by November once and try your luck in 3 colleges. (also, this is the safest bet only if you get more than 88 else this might be a worst choice again)
OR
simply wait untill next year if you cannot give exam now. As i see, things will certainly change in the pattern but anybody who tells you something is actually spreading a rumor only. Nobody knows for certain what is the real deal. It is going to be pass and fail, but also as i see, they might make sure that you are not able to give the exam again. This is highly possible. So, looking at this scenario, if you are not comfortable then i ll say that you donot opt for any of the two options above UNLESS you are really sure dat you can do well!! Above all you are a PR and sooner or later things will fall in place and you can take advantage of that when things are clearer.

I hope that helps, please feel free to ask more!!

Help N Be Helped!!
I appreciate your comments and visit to www.MedAbroad.info

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile http://www.medabroad.info

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum